With so many different platforms to reach your audience, it’s difficult to know where you should be spending your time. You can Tweet up a storm, Instagram with the best of them, and persistently curate your Pinterest boards, but if you’re not creating quality content in some form with a business blog, your following is going to dwindle.
A blog is an excellent tool not only to reach and engage with potential customers but it can also help grow your business in a variety of ways you may have overlooked.
Still not convinced?
Here are 10 reasons your business should jump on the blog train today:
- A blog helps establish authority in your industry. As a new and growing business, you need customers to see you as an expert. By producing content that provides valuable and knowledgeable insight, your audience will seek you out as a thought leader.
- By consistently producing new content, you can improve your search rank. Google loves fresh content and frequent updating, which translates into Google indexing more of your website’s pages and, if you keep at it, appearing higher in search results.
- Blogging connects you with your audience. Once you publish a blog, your audience has a chance to comment with their thoughts and feedback. With each comment, you then have the opportunity to interact with your audience and build personal relationships.
- Blogs give your business a voice. With a blog, you have the ability to tell your readership what your brand’s story is and to let your personality shine. This allows your audience to get to know you, like you, and, ultimately, trust you with their business.
- Blogging gives you social media content. It’s great to share other influencer’s content, but sharing your own content means you get more likes, clicks, and traffic to your own website.
- You can directly provide your audience with relevant news and updates about what’s going on with your business, which keeps your customers informed.
- Blogging keeps you informed. In order to create quality content consistently, you need to be paying attention to industry trends, newsworthy topics, and what your competition is doing. The more you know, the more successful your blog will be.
- With blog analytics, you can gain valuable insight into what your audience is reading. You can track clicks, readers, shares, comments, popular topics, and numerous other measurements that can help you plan effective future posts.
- Blogs and SEO are a match made in heaven. You already know that frequent, fresh content can improve your search rank, but blogs also allow you to incorporate pertinent and specific keywords to attract visitors seeking out certain topics to your site.
- A blog allows you to be creative. Your blog doesn’t have to be the exact same thing every time you post. Have fun with your blog and mix it up with written content, videos, images, infographics, photo galleries, or anything you think your audience wants to see.
Having a blog for your business is an essential tool for marketing your brand and growing your business. If you’ve started a blog, let us know how it’s helped your business, and if you want to start a blog but don’t know where to begin, reach out to learn how you can tell your brand’s most compelling story!